vendredi, janvier 20, 2006

Smashing Pumpkins

Possible Smashing Pumpkins Reunion













Billy Corgan (photo by Ros O'Gorman)



by Eve Jenkin @ Undercover
January 20 2006


Seeing as though Billy Corgan’s various projects haven’t exactly lived up to expectation, a reunion of the ex-Smashing Pumpkiner’s former band seems more likely than ever.

The rumours of a possible reformation begun with an advert Corgan put out in the Chicago Tribune last year. It read: “When I played the final Smashing Pumpkins show on the night of December 2, 2000, I walked off the stage believing that I was forever leaving a piece of my life behind. I naively tried to start a new band, but found that my heart wasn't in it. I moved away to pursue a love that I once had but got lost. So I moved back home to heal what was broken in me, and to my surprise I found what I was looking or. I found that my heart is in Chicago, and that my heart is in the Smashing Pumpkins.

"For a year now I have walked around with a secret, a secret I chose to keep. But now I want you to be among the first to know that I have made plans to renew and revive the Smashing Pumpkins. I want my band back, and my songs, and my dreams. In this desire I feel I have come home again."

Now, according to NME.com the comeback is as good as confirmed, with Smashing Pumpkins planning to return to the stage at California’s Coachella festival on April 30. Corgan has kept in contact with second bassist Melissa Auf De Maur and drummer Jimmy Chamberlain, and posted an ambiguous statement on his website recently which has fuelled rumours of a reunion. “The surprise I have in store for you all will be announced soon enough,” he wrote. “Hold on to your horses. After all, good things surely come to those who wait....Don't you just love the suspense?”